Saturday, April 14, 2012

Druids for PvM

[:1]I have leveled up to 86 as a windy druid, but I am considering making a change. I was trying to compare windy vs wear-wolf, but there is so much information, it is hard to try to figure out which way to go. Not to mention there seems to be multiple builds for wear-wolf. I generally play solo, but sometimes with my brother who is a lightning traps Assassin.

The only guides I have been able to find for Windy Druid are PvP centered. I personally could care less about PvP. I am looking for a build that I can solo in Hell with an eye on Ubers eventually.

I only have 1 respec left, so I want to make sure I get it right this time. I have an MF Sorc that I have been using to farm gear, so I can trade for pretty much anything that does not require several high runes.

What I like about Windy is the range aspect of it and the fact the damage is physical and unblockable. My biggest issue from my experience is not being able to aim the tornados. This is a huge frustration. I have stood right next to mobs trying to kill them and the tornado just whips right on by. Also if they are PI, it takes forever for my Merc and Hurricane to kill them. Of course there is the dreaded PI/CI mobs. <shiver> I have read that a Toll Reaper will help with the PIs, so I know that is an option. Before I go trading for it, I wanted to get some opinions.

My current gear is

Helm - Jalal's Mane

Amulet - Gaean Amulet (+3 Elem Skills)

Ring - Soj

Ring - Raven Frost (231/19)

Weapon - HotO

Shield - Stormshield

Armor - Dusk Shroud Enigma

Belt - Arachind Mesh

Boots - War Traveler

Inventory - 18/16 torch

Stats

Str - 215 (Yes I know it is high, just got Enigma)

Dex - 181

Vit - 286

Eng - 58

Life - 797

Mana - 523

(on Hell)

FR 6

CR 41

LR 20

PR 18

On switch I have a Spirit Monarch and will have a CTA once I get around to making it.

Thanks for the help!|||You'll want a Reaper's for the wolf anyway, so I'd recommend you get that and see how it goes with the windy. Neither builds are terrific at taking down PIs, but you have a slight advantage over wolves (Hurricane).

If you're sure about eventually taking on ubers with the druid then wereform is your only real option. Most of the gear is standard melee stuff and not really expensive. Your effectivity compared to the windy will depend on what weapon you can afford, with good options being eth-Zod Tomb Reaver (Shaelx2 + Ber in non-eth also works), eBotD GPA, Ribcracker and Stormlash.

No comments:

Post a Comment