Thursday, April 19, 2012

Wolf vs. Lighting

Hello all wolf fans. I am here to compare the two lighting casters that the wolf is pretty much to encounter on his pvp road. The two lighting casters im thinking of is the foher and light sorc. What I want to do is compare the strategy we would use vs both them characters.

If you face foher use:

perf eth tomby 40/15, 40/15, zod

jalal ort

30 maras (resist very important)

fort

double upped bloods

x2 20% sorb wisps (very expensive but a must imo)

ow belt 30%+ light and cold resist, 24% fhr (other situations I use the belt for)

boots with 30+ light and cold resist, 10% fhr, 30% frw (same reason as belt)

If you face light sorc use:

perf eth tomby

jalal ort

30 maras

fort

double upped bloods

20% sorb wisp

20 dex raven

same belt

same boots

By comparing both statistics I would have to say the light sorc is a stronger opponent because the light sorc would have more fcr and light damage is stronger. While this wolf can get enough resist vs the foher, he should be more than strong enough to take him out. The only thing about the foher is he has high defense and no way you can use angelics vs him due to getting more resist. That results in less chances of the foher getting hit but he should be simple to take out.|||Disagree on Tomby for FoHer simply on the basis that if they're smart they'll have Grief on switch and chain charge you to death when they see FoH not do anything. Umed SS and EBotDZ should get you through. If not then Umed Wiz and bleed them to death >.>.|||If rabies wolf or hybrid silence phase blade will get the job done nice res a little bit slow ( just a thought )|||So you would rather use rabies setup instead? I see then I would have to use the plague bearer shael and ss p topaz setup. Remember verash you will need full light (or about) resist vs there -elr and conviction or you are 2-3 shotted which I do not want.

But yes now I see what you mean about the wolf getting charged down. As you can see plague bearer gives 5 rabies and also boost up ar so I think that would be the way to go if you are going to p topaz ss and ort jalal's. If they are going to charge then you will need 1 wisp and 1 raven because they might freeze you while charging you which you do not want.

Btw I still think the light sorc will be a harder battle due to there raw light damage being the most powerful raw light damage a character can have. They can switch to an ss ber and a rare circ with x2 5/5 facets to boost up lighting by alot because they know you will fully resist there lighting. So the light sorc will be a glass cannon instead and go es with 50% dr. One strategy I had in mind is that you have to hit the sorc to drain down energy so it will not tele and once you do that you promote an easy kill.|||ES sorcs are funny. Rabies them then watch.|||Omg hartside is right I would need a silence pb vs foher. It would help for the resist and the 2 skills. Hartside thanks for your advice there.

Verash- I would still say eth tomby setup better vs light sorc but yes you could rabies them also. Once you fury the light sorc, you should drain there mana and take them out in next 2-3 shots easy because perf eth tomby is very powerful.

But thank you all for your advice. I am going to work on bowazon next some time. I just need a few more advice before making a full fury/rabies guide so I know how much space the gear will take up. It seems I would need tons of space for this build.|||Oh, sorry if I wasn't clear:

E Tomby v. Sorcs

Silence/Wizzy/EBotDZ + SS for FoH

The thing with Fury is that you won't force hit recovery so you won't get that second hit in before they tele. Rabies hits once and pierces ES, killing them without even having to switch >.>.|||Personally I would use the eth tomb reaver versus the foher, but with 2 x Shaels, I have never liked the idea of 2 x 40/15 sure it is more damage but it is also slower in the first frame, the first hit is what counts, the faster the more likely you are to hit in that split second of a chance you got.|||Disagree, intelligent FoHers carry a Grief switch for sorbers. He charges once, sees he can't miss you, then chain charges you to death. Also, the amount of damage you sacrifice for 1 extra frame isn't worth it imo.|||Quote:








Disagree, intelligent FoHers carry a Grief switch for sorbers. He charges once, sees he can't miss you, then chain charges you to death. Also, the amount of damage you sacrifice for 1 extra frame isn't worth it imo.




Well some might do, I carry a LOT of frw (180%) in order to duel other classes, and its possible to walk away from the charge and shift fury again, I have to admit I don't succeed most of the time against pure charges but it does work sometimes. Also I don't think that many fohers carry a grief on switch, since then they would not be able to bo.

I also contrary to what everyone does decided to go pure fury and with HoW (I like my target to die instantly), HoW adds about 2.2 k extra damage and 7.5 k AR which does help a lot versus paladins/barbs, since I dont have a shield I use a ber/ber coa for this classes.

Since everyone is telling around in pub games, In my experience when they are teleporting around that extra 1 frame is the difference between a hit or no hit at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment