Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thorns for Summoner

Hey I know thorns is usually a really bad aura but what if you stack it with spirit of barbs for that extra edge, i mean with bramble and edge runewords i can get at least a level 30 thorns aura backed by at least a level 20 spirit of barbs and some rabies for the extra kick. With reapers toll almost every enemy my merc fights is going to get decryptefied for the extra physical damage from the thorns and barbs. Bramble also gives my rabies extra poison damage. Were looking at atleast 2000% damage return. Is this viable? can i make it work?|||Auhm, I would say that you can make it work, in a very slow, romantic kind of way.

1) all monsters have alot of HP in hell, a couple of thousands.

2) most monsters do puny damage in comparasion to their health

3) most enemies have varying amounts of physical resistance

4) rabies makes things lag and crash.

the idea has been considered by many and have ubiqutiously been signed of as bad.|||Doesn't thorns deal the damage back as magic?

Also, the aura is eh at best. I used Edge on my Huntermentalist and the extra bit of AoE damage was nice, but win more in all situations.|||Quote:








Doesn't thorns deal the damage back as magic?

Also, the aura is eh at best. I used Edge on my Huntermentalist and the extra bit of AoE damage was nice, but win more in all situations.




I am quiet sure it doesn't; nothing I've read has mentioned that atleast.|||Great for pvp, crap for pvm.|||Quote:








Hey I know thorns is usually a really bad aura but what if you stack it with spirit of barbs for that extra edge, i mean with bramble and edge runewords i can get at least a level 30 thorns aura backed by at least a level 20 spirit of barbs and some rabies for the extra kick. With reapers toll almost every enemy my merc fights is going to get decryptefied for the extra physical damage from the thorns and barbs. Bramble also gives my rabies extra poison damage. Were looking at atleast 2000% damage return. Is this viable? can i make it work?




I'm not sure The Reaper's Toll is going to help that much. It adds damage, but at the same time it's going to slow everything down so they do more damage less often. It'll also make your mercenary into a tanking machine.

My Necromancer has up to 1620% damage returned from Thorns+Amplify Damage. I know that's certainly viable.

So 2000% should be plenty. I'd suggest using Dire Wolves or Grizzly. I'm pretty sure they have no block and no DR%, so they'll make good reflectors.

There's also an Elite Unique armor with a CTC Iron Maiden curse that your mercenary could wear.

That sounds like a pretty nifty build.|||Have fun with that one lol. You could use a Metalgrid for Iron Maiden charges and a quite helpfull Iron Golem meat wall ^^. Some def is nice but the ar wont help you at all... Do you have any specific gear in mind? The gear you want might help us figure out what to suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment