Wednesday, April 18, 2012

n00b druid questions : )

Alright I've never played druids much before and I just recently started playing d2 again (like 2-3 weeks ago). I'm playing Single-Player right now. The only other character I have is a barb lvl 69 in NMa5. I play HC, but since I've never played druids before I'm going to make him SC until I get the feel. I want to make an elemental druid. I want to play a caster type character. From what I've read in the guides, wind skills are more powerful (I'll be pvm, obviously), but I might be interested in a hybrid, so any thoughts on that would be welcome.

I don't have much gear at all lined up. I have a couple decent weapons for mid-level character, like lvl 30-50. I have a steeldriver, islestrike (+2 druid skills), fleshrender (+1 druid skills), baezil's vortex, etc. I have one ammy with +1 elemental skills. I also have a helmet with +2 shapeshifting skills.

As far as final gear that I can make/have right now, I'm thinking Spirit sword/axe/mace, Spirit shield, Rain (druid armor), that ammy, that helm, I have a ring with +alot of mana. that's about it. For low levels I've got sigons and good low lvl twink gear. I'm going to do spirit sword/shield because I think that's the best I can do right now, but first I have to figure out how to get this RWM to work first. I also need to get 4os sword&shield - can I buy either one anywhere? Also, what level do I have to be to use Spirit runeword?

I'm thinking I want to play either a wolf or bear to level up until I get to around 40 where I can do some damage with the wind skills. Good idea? I'm not sure how to level up with a druid if I'm going wolf/bear or which would be better. Does anyone MF with their druid ever? I want to make this guy into a nice MFer for me. Think Wind would be effective enough for that? (I don't mean like uber1337 like a bliz sorc or something, but competent enough to do it fairly quickly in pits/some bosses).

Thanks for any help or advice!!|||SP druid well I believe there is a guide for SP druids somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment