Thursday, April 19, 2012

Suggestions for a PI and IM solution for a pure fury PvM wolf

I'm considering re-rolling my pure fury pvm wolf and am looking for suggestions for handling physical immunes and iron maiden.

I currently use Azurewrath for both PI and IM (with hunger) and it works pretty well, but was wondering if there is a better way to handle these. Is there a something that will work that will have a lower dex requirement than a phase blade?

Thanks! sf|||Atma's Scarab, Baranar's come immediately to mind,though Azure is my favorite choice.|||lately, i used only atmas and ribcraker against PI's. It works, but it can be a long fight against bunch of them. But add baranars and pre buff with enchant from a demon limb...That must begin to be good. Also, i'm searching for a merc set up for those. I will try that azurwrath on an act 5 merc somewhen. I have tried also an act 3 merc with an hexfire sword (+3 fire skills) and poor other gear, against ghosts of arcane sanctuary: Not effective.|||For PI nothing really beats Azure. I believe a combination of Feral rage/Hunger and Life tap can counter the damage taken from IM.|||Thanks everyone for the replies!

I use the Azure right now and it works very well agains PI. I also use if with the life tap/hunger trick for IM and it works for me (although not for everyone, from what I've read). I was posting more to make sure that I didn't overlook a better option and it sounds like I haven't.|||Returned damage from level 10 Iron Maiden in Hell (425% damage returned, quartered to 106.25% against players and hirelings) can be survived and compensated for by combining all of the following (at least against monsters with any drain effectiveness):

  • Damage Reduced by 50%

  • Life > 53.125% physical damage

  • Life Tap

  • 29+% Life Stolen Per Hit

Werewolves have the advantage of significant +% to Life from Werewolf, Lycanthropy and Oak Sage, and significant % LSPH from Feral Rage or Hunger (or both). However, they also have the disadvantage of being unable to use LT charges while in were-form, making them reliant on other players or % Chance to Cast (most likely Dracul's Grasp Vampirebone Gloves' 5% Chance to Cast Level 10 LT on Striking): if LT isn't cast then % LSPH alone won't compensate for returned damage.

Read this post and the Grief + Hunger survives IM, right? thread for more details (sleepy floyd, I'm aware that you contributed to that thread but I'm not sure whether you've read the whole thing).|||for PI, I think most weapon (most elite unique maces, lightsabre, etc... I haven't tried azurewrath though) doesn't have enough non-physical dmg to hurt the PI monster significantly... I agree with using atma amulet too.. the only drawback I can think of is you're still sustaining dmg while trying to trigger the amplify but you can't leech the PI monster... like those flying witches in WSK3 are a big pain in the butt... when there are loads of them their projectiles can hurt badly...

for IM, aside from the hunger solution, I think a simple alternative (if you don't wanna spend 2 extra skill points to get hunger) would be walking around the monster to get another cursed again, which the new curse overrides the IM|||onderduiker - thanks for linking to the other threads. I hadn't seen the last couple of posts to the threads. Very good reading and it is making me think about using the high DR/LT/high LL stratagy if I re-roll.

FWIW, for me Atma's scarab didn't work at all for me when handling PIs.|||check this link for a PI solution http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...31#post7632731|||put reapers toll on act2 merc or lawbringer on act 5 merc

No comments:

Post a Comment