Saturday, April 14, 2012

Fresh Character for Single Player

[:1]Hello all,

I got the itch to play again, and decided to go as far as I can in SP with a fresh character. I was looking for a build for a summoner druid. I basically want to use whatever summoning build that can get me the farthest in nightmare/hell, using only items I get myself.

I see a couple of Shockwave summoning builds, but don't know if that is the best summoning character.

Also, can you do the "set player" command in single player?



Thanks all!|||/players X (X being between 1 and 8) will simulate the experience of being in a game with the total number of players X.

The tricky part of summons is that they're all physical damage, so you need a way to kill physical immune enemies. One way to do this is to equip yourself or your mercenary with items that have a chance to cast the curses amplify damage or decrepify (for example, rare or magic items with "X% chance to cast amplify damage on striking" or the unique elite scythe "The Reaper's Toll."

Since you're playing single-player with self-found items, I'd recommend combining your summons with a backup non-physical attack. This also has the bonus of giving you something to do while your summons go about their business. +druid skills gear strengthens both your summons and casted attacks. Fissure is one good candidate:

20 Grizzly

20 Dire Wolves

20 Fissure

20 Volcano

1+ Spirit of your choice

1+ Firestorm (Fissure synergy)

A third way to handle PIs would be to hire an Act III lightning mercenary and load them up with +skill gear (spirit runeword sword/shield, lore helm, vipermagi armor, etc).

FYI, someone will probably link the fire hunter guide (bow + summons + elemental). I wouldn't recommend it untwinked in hell. Ditto for rabies, as your poison damage will be very low without specialized gear.|||Here's a great write-up on summons:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=212232

No comments:

Post a Comment