Saturday, April 21, 2012

Oak Sage or Heart of the Wolverine?

My druid is curently windy atm but I'm getting kinda bored of the style and constantly trying to aim tornados the right way. I've decided to either go with the summoner/hunter, or fury wolf. Now, with both builds I'm just not sure where to go with spirits, Oak sage gives more health, always good, but wolverine increases damage very nicely.

If I get a merc with might will it stack with wolverine? And even if so is the 200% dmg worth the 125% life?

If I go wolf I can imagine using wolverine since I'll already be getting a large health increase and wolverine plus might sounds insane, but If I go summoner the wolverine gives a huge dmg bonus since its on me AND 3 dire wolves or a grizzley, plus my merc.



Or would it be smarter to use a might merc with oak sage for a nice helping of damage AND servivability, My summoner build could probably max both and I can choose based on the situation, but my wolf build will not allow for that I believe, I want to make sure I have fireclaws vs PI.I'm not even sure the decision is teh same for both builds so any input you can spare would be infinitely helpful.

I'm also new to palyign competitively so I apologize in advance If I don't know what you are refering to when you mention specific things that are common knowledge around here.|||Overall, Oak boosts your life more than Wolverine boosts your dmg/ar. And werewolves get a generous amount of AR to begin with.

I got both for a summoner, since I'd rather have teleport ready instead of transforming and using shockwave.

You can deal with PIs without having to sacrafice for fireclaws. You just need the proper weapon for your merc.|||Personally, I don't like Oak Sage. It has low life and always wanders into packs of enemies and gets itself killed. In my experience, it is the first thing to die in a nasty encounter so I can never rely on the life bonus to be there when I really need it.

If you can get Reaper's Toll on your merc, the ctc Decrepify will break nearly all PIs.|||If you go Fury wolf, then drop the sages all together. Then shoot for max grizzly and dire wolves. A synergized pet is much better than a saged pet. When the sage dies, you and your pet get weaker. My grizzly doesn't die often in Hell when it is synergized.

No comments:

Post a Comment