Wednesday, April 18, 2012

PvP Windy Druid - Fun To Use?

Hey hey,

This is my first time on the Druid forum, so go easy on me.

Basically, im looking for a new PvP char, and a must is that im looking for one thats actually fun to play.

Ive never made a windy druid before, and its a build ive been intrigued by for a while. One of the things thats putting me off is the 'low' damage that tornado seems to do that ive read in other guides (~7k...?). Against somebody with 50% DR would this be death by a thousand needles or would it actually cause significant damage?

If somebody on Europe ScL has a windy and can hit my Pala a bit that would be cool, id like to see what its like. If anyone has say a Druid on Open Bnet or something too and would let me have a go on it that would be awesome! |||PM me your email addy and I'll rustle one up for you later ;D|||Windy druids are one of the higest tiers of characters in pvp and fully viable against almost any character (excepting maybe a ghost/hybrid sin) with or without damage reduction. Their damage output is insane, and at 163 fcr you can beat most paladins you encounter (and are a hard counter in my opinion to hammerdins). If it weren't for their bad fhr, they would probably be THE best pvp build.

As far as fun goes that depends on the player I guess. I personally find them kind of boring since all you really do in most duels is resummon minions and telestomp people. But it is nice playing one of the only characters that can outright beat hammerdins.|||Well Im considering either making one of these or a FB ES sorc. I certainly think a windy would be more interesting than simply tele-ing and spamming fireballs in random direction. Plus the fact that FB sorc stuff is insanely expensive.

Ive never really made a druid past lvl 30 either and id like to give them a fair go.|||Quote:








Well Im considering either making one of these or a FB ES sorc. I certainly think a windy would be more interesting than simply tele-ing and spamming fireballs in random direction. Plus the fact that FB sorc stuff is insanely expensive.

Ive never really made a druid past lvl 30 either and id like to give them a fair go.




Go for it then, a windy is definitely more fun than a fb sorc. Though I think that a windy's gear is much more expensive on the high end of gear once you get into the 2 socket pelts and the fcr druid amulets/rings.|||Quote:








Go for it then, a windy is definitely more fun than a fb sorc. Though I think that a windy's gear is much more expensive on the high end of gear once you get into the 2 socket pelts and the fcr druid amulets/rings.




Yeah a windy's gear is very expensive even the pelt and ammy. Those 2 alone are worth over 500 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment