Saturday, April 21, 2012

Ubers Druid

Hello,

So I'm back into d2 after roughly 4 years and I'm interested in doing ubers!

I've looked up some ubers character builds and one that caught my eye was a fury druid with ribcracker.

This is my gear wishlist, which is nearly complete:

Weapon: Up'd, shaeled, Ribcracker

Helm: Jalal's

Ammy: Highlords

Armor: Chains of Honor Archon Plate

Gloves: Dracs

Belt: Verdungo

Boots: Gore Riders

Rings: Raven frost, and a mana leech ring

Switch: Life tap wand

So I have all of this except Gloves, Armor and Rings.

I'm not far off getting my gloves and rings, but the armor ... ohhh the armor. It's so expensive! So this is where I need help:

Will Ubers be possible with this build without the armor? What would an affordable "until I get CoH" armor be? Are there any holes in this build in terms of armor/skills/both?

If your answer is "make a smite pally" save it .. if thats my only option for ubers, I just won't worry about it. Sorry if it sounds rude, but every jackass that I've spoken to online has said that and called me noob for thinking a druid can do ubers. Maybe it's true ... but I'm not giving up yet lol

Any and all input is appreciated!



EDIT:

Did some digging and it looks like Fortitude (which is still too expensive) and Smoke are the best alternatives.

I would still like to hear opinions on this build so please share!|||The two most important things when doing ubers with a melee character:

1. Life Tap.

2. High Resistances.

A Fury Druid can easily do Uber Tristam if he stacks resistance, has Dracul's, and has a decent weapon. Stuff like crushing blow, %ED against demons, is just to make your process quicker and more efficient.

'Chain of Honor' is there to buff up resistance. That's its main role. Thus, substituting it with any armor that gives high resistance is just as practical. 'Smoke' is a good substitute. Other good cheap alternatives include 'Gloom', 'Lionheart', and Naj's Light Plate, but all those have less resistance. Swap the ML ring for one with +Light/+Cold resistance too preferably.

At a quick glance, with 'Smoke', Anya Scrolls, and Jalal's, you're just a TAD bit over 0... which will still makes Mephisto somewhat scary. If you can make it past Mephisto, you are set.

Also, what's with the Life Tap wand? Fury will trigger it fine.

[edit] And if Mephisto is really owning you, swap Ribcracker out for single-hander and shield with more resistances.|||How about using a treachery for the resistances? In my experience, once fade is up, it stays up |||Prebuff Fade then use Smoke. Best resistance armor for its price.|||Fade sounds good. I was thinking about just tossing the Treachery runes into any random 3os armor (I picture myself going to cold plains and letting people hit me, so I dont see low def being a big deal).|||Slightly highjacking so apologies, but would a stormlash (shael) with a spirit ward (um) be a sensible option? I have never been a fan of having to switch to treachery so this shield provides solid base res as well as ctc fade. You have slightly lower ias and cb on the stormlash and no fhr compared to ribby, but you do get the satic as well. Obviously this option then boosts your res significantly but there are also the higher strength requirements as well. But I guess the stormlash starts getting a bit more expensive compared to the gear above.|||No imo, here's why:

A: Static won't do anything to Ubers since it's reduced by lightning res.

B: While you have more res, you'll also be blocking which'll likely get you killed.|||There's a little fire in tristram just near the tp - stand in that until fade kicks in...

*edit: this is assuming things haven't changed in uber-trist since 1.11. (I'm starting to think about a 1.13 uber-char, hence searching around for some new ideas instead of the classic 1 pt smiter)

No comments:

Post a Comment