Saturday, April 21, 2012

Need advice on PvM Fury druid

Hi all,

I am building my first ever PvM fury wolf on ladder. I plan to use him for general pvm/mfing and ubering

My current set up is:

Head: Umed Jalals

Ammy: Highlords

Armour: Smoke

Rings: Ravens/ Manaldheal

Gloves: Dracs

Boots: Gores

Weapon: Upped shaeled ribcracker

Belt: String of ears

My question is: I know chains of honor is the best choice as armour on this druid for pvm/ ubers. But i really want to use enigma for the frw, mf and teleport(which is useful for hopping rooms). But i know in doing so I will sacrifice too much resists, and I am not planning to get 10 shimmering small charms.

Any advice/gear changes on how can I use enigma on my setup while maintaining decent resists and not losing too much damage? Or should I just drop the whole enigma idea and stick to COH?

Any constructive feedback is appreciated.|||Enigma is awesome try it out. Can always switch to coh for ubers.|||You can make it work, but you will need to commit some charms to helping there. I would also highly recommend a rare mana leech ring w/resists on it in place of the Manald's.|||Bjam had good advice with the Resist/Mana leech ring.

Mara instead of Highlord and just one or more shimmering GC will be a big help.

You already have Um in Jalal which is a wise choice.

Good luck - you're close to your mark already.

Building what you want is best - Run with Enigma - literally!|||Mara over Highlord

Aldur's over Gores

Rare resist ring Over MAnald

Nightsmoke or Rare belt over SoE|||Thanks for the constructive and supportive advice guys! Got myself a nice resists leech ring that adds heavy fire and light res, aldurs boots, and am using upped nightsmoke. I removed my smoke to find out my light and fire res are still maxed while poison and cold are in the postives

Another question: Would it be better if I used metalgrid instead of maras for the AR? How does +skills investments pay better on wolf for AR compared to hard +AR items?

Also, assuming the same ed%, which kills bosses/ mobs faster? A shaeled upped ribcracker or an upped eth zod-ed ribcracker?

Yesss I wanna runn with enigma!|||What the... mara over highlord??? Take that back!|||He said he wants res. Personally, I dislike the Enigma build. But if he wants res without charm commitment then he has to sacrifice killing speed.|||After some consideration and tinkering with some of your suggestions, heres my current setup for general pvm/mf:

Head: Umed Jalals

Ammy: Metalgrid

Armour: Enigma

Rings: Ravens/ Rare resists ring with life leech

Gloves: Dracs

Boots: Gores

Weapon: Upped shaeled ribcracker

Belt: Mavina's belt

Charms: Torch, ar charms, random resists charms 3x4 spaces left in inventory

I have maxed fire, cold and lightning resists in hell while having 68 poison resists Trying to get a decent annihilus and resist ring with manaleech now so i can put on SOE or dungoes for some dr.

For ubers, i intend to switch out for Smoke or eventually a COH with treachery prebuff to deal with mephs conviction.

Might be a preference thing, since im a whore for mobility. I cant begin to describe how awesome is it with enigma on wolf. I clear runs soooo much faster, and he has very nice frw now in conjunction with teleport, which i find myself using very frequently. The huge added strength and mf is a bonus too. Furthermore, I didnt detect any noticeable differences in killing speed after switching out the highlords either. I highly recommend any wolf fans to try out enigma if you havent already|||I've got an enigma wolf on west with spirit hoto on swap I tele to mephi andariel then turn into the wolf rip there ears off and then run fast killing everything to dia and Baal if you meet anything nasty tele past it. I however do agree with verash I'd never stat with enigma wolves need to many gear changes. But I'll always have an enigma in stash .

No comments:

Post a Comment