Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pure rabies druid?

People always seem to favor rabies/fury, but when I made one last ladder I never ended up using the rabies. So how does this gear set-up sound?

Main weapon set:

Shael'd plaguebringer sword

Eld'd Stormshield

Switch weapon set:

30/30 poison crystal sword

20/20 poison monarch

Other gear:

Shael'd Jalals

Bramble armor

Trang's belt for cbf

Angelics

Trang's gloves

Aldurs' boots or maybe Shadow Dancers for dex/fhr

Stashed stuff:

Enigma for frw

CoH for resists

Harmony Chu-ko-nu for a fast rabies and harmony. I used this against bone necros and hdins that I can't resist or block anyway and against whom that frw is still very useful.

Plus without fury I'm free to max oak as well as lyc giving me huge-*** life. Any thoughts?

P.S: I know that it's kind of an obnoxious build since I just hit and then run around until they're dead. Still, not everyone will town and then yell at me.|||You have to make it a 30/30 phase blade.|||Its a switch weapon only he doesnt need to hit him with it thus crystal is fine. Im quite partial to a deaths web switch. -55 resists does alot more than -30 against most guys.|||Quote:








Its a switch weapon only he doesnt need to hit him with it thus crystal is fine. Im quite partial to a deaths web switch. -55 resists does alot more than -30 against most guys.




Exactly. And yeah, death's web is nice against most people but I was thinking more of the 30% more damage than the -30 res from the crystal sword, especially against people like paladins and barbs who always have very high res and whose res I won't be able to pierce with just -75.|||plaguebringer as main weapon is crap. very slow even with shael. best will be 40 ias 2 socket fools phase blade for fast implementation of rabies

whats the point of shael in jalals? jalals+bramble is enough for 86 fhr with simple jewel 7 fhr adds

in the end pure rabies is weaker then rabies/fury. rabies/fury also have maxed oak but can hit hard when needed wiith fury|||Speaking from personal experience, 8 frames is a very tolerable attack speed when you only need to hit once. Also, when I had a rabies/fury I never used fury. Maybe like, two or three times in the entire time I had the character. You're right about the jalals, though, I'd be better off finding an fhr jewel with some other good mods. Although if I wanted to switch to a non-bramble armor such as nigma or coh I'd need more fhr than that 7 fhr jewel provides. And believe me, with angelics you really don't need that fool's mod, not to mention that it's ridiculously expensive to get a sword like that. If I just wanted to be fast I'd use a 6 shael pb for a 4 frame rabies.|||Well heres my idea if you really want to spend the runes on it.

Deaths web or CS 30/30 on switch with a 20/20 monarch.

If your good mannered. Well the main weapon should be.

BOTD phase blade any damage. Mainly for the speed and 30 to all stats.

Think about it for a second.

6 frame attack speed in a phase blade and 30 to all stats to save more points in dex AND strength so more vitality and a Nice fury speed. Also if I worked it out correctly you should be still swinging at 6 frame while under decrepify

Or bad mannered.... DOOM warspike for 7 Frame Rabies, and a half assed fury speed.

The holy freeze will cause them to slow down massively on their run to town.

Either way you should max fury to keep them in stunlock after you hit them.

You should think about Cerebus bite too for the ar bonus. Garanteed hit but other stats dont equal jajals.

As for charms id try for AR/Faster run walk charms|||The ebotd pb is an interesting choice, but I really am loathe to give up the plaguebearer. It adds a full 20k rabies damage. Doom is definitely a good choice though, not only for the holy freeze aura but because it adds +2 skills, mitigating the loss of +5 from plague. And I've given Cerebus a lot of thought and it's just not worth it. Ar is nice and all, but 20 strength, 30 fhr and 30 resist all can't be beat. To give some perspective, with my current prospective gear (41% bramble, trangs, 20/20 mon 30/30 sword) here are the damages from the various weapons:

Ebotd pb: 51,075 over 18.8 seconds

Doom: 58,114 over 19.6 seconds

Plaguebearer: 69,426 over 20.8 seconds

See the difference?|||Funny, I was reading down the page and thinking that I'd use my

BOTD PB on this guy and RealmoftheWolf sized it up

I can say from experience - it Rocks!

* as does "Wind" in PB - but I haven't tried that yet - look at the stats - seems like a good fit.

But Plagebearer - drop that wep when you get to level 63 and find a better one.

BOTD PB >>> the rest! You hit twice with it for every time you would hit with a Plaguebearer - Really you hit twice - at least it seems like it. I dumped a Plaguebearer and went to a BOTD PB - big difference! Felt like my damage doubled.



As far as Fury - Your choice on that it's your char. I would be tempted to put 5 pts in it for when I need it ( I put more on mine).

Given your intent to use Rabies and stick with it and not use Fury - just put 2pts in it and leave a Den for Respec in case you change your mind. You can Stunlock then and Kill with Rabies - should work.|||You lose some damage yes but you gain alot more hp and less stats spent on everything. You could go base Str near enough without enigma with it.

Id vote doom if you dont mind being Bad mannered and i stress that Fury back up to keep them from getting away is a must.

Smack

Switch

Switch back

Fury

Hopefully keeps them in block lock for long enough for them to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment