Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bear Druid- A guide for 1.13c

Ok, by the title you might think, "Damn, another slow hitter but heavy hitter," but it's acutally quite fast. Keep in mind, I'm not a "Guide Maker" and I'll propably make a few mistakes but if I do please correct me.

Table of Contents:

I-Skills

II-Gear

II.a-No block?!

II.b-fhr is how important?

III-Stats

IV-Merc

V-A few tactics I use

VI-Ending

I: Skills

1-Raven

1-Oak Sage

1-Spirit Wolf

20-Dire Wolf (hp for your bear)

20-Grizzly (Your sidekick)

1-Werewolf

1-20-Lycanthropy (Depends on if you like hp or dmg)

20-Werebear (Your regular form)

20-Maul (Your Main attack)

1-x-Shockwave (Optional, I don't use at all[Keep in mind most people like this skill])

The rest you could put into another spirit or something. Doesn't matter too much.

II:Gear

This is the fun part of the build. You can change a few things to your liking.

Physical Damage Gear:

Wep: Windhammer w/ 15%@/15% IAS jewel/Shael/Hel-60% IAS, 50% CB

Helm: Jalal's w/ Um-Jalal's is best helm for Druids ever?!

Armor: Arkaine's Valor w/ Um-+2 skills, Vitality, and str req isn't too bad compared to Windhammer

Gloves: Drac's-what else?

Belt: Verdungo's or SoE-leech or vit which is more important to you?

Boots: Gores

Rings: Raven/Dual Leech

Ammy: Metalgrid (best in my opinion)/Highlord's/Mara's

Switch: CTA + Spirit

Charms: Anni/Hellfire, Skillers either Spiritual or Trainer's take your pick, sc's of vit, and 3 or more 5%@ scs. fhr charms

PVM "Friendly" Gear:

Wep: IK Stone Crusher-2 sockets, elemental damage, and 60% IAS, CB, AND indestructable (A problem with Windhammer)

Helm: Jalal's-You can't deny the power of Jalal

Armor: IK Soul Cage-Enchant ctc is nice, and res after set effects

Gloves: IK Forge-some stats, IAS, 10% Leeches

Belt: IK Detail-lil res, some stats, fhr, and 20% pdr

Boots: IK Stone Pillar-ar, life, fr/w, mf

Rings: Raven/Raven/Sorb

Ammy: Metalgrid/Highlord's/Mara's

Switch: CTA+Spirit

Charms: +dmg charms, +ar, +life, fhr charms

Poor Man's Gear:

(Currently editing, I don't have the time to post right now)

With a 22% maras I have 67% res all in Hell, if it were perfect, I would have 75%. Keep that in mind. That is WITHOUT 5% scs.

II.a:No Block?!

Well, the reason for this is simple, your block speed, while okish, isn't going to be a HUGE topic upon your bear. You will have PLENTY of life to not care about blocking, and besides, it could keep you in a block to stop you from keeping maul up, that and it eats away at your life... Despite what it does for other chars.

II.b:Fhr is how important?

VERY, you are melee, if you get a stun block, say goodbye to life. You'll think this build is pathetic if you got stun blocked.

III: Stats

You shouldn't need too much help but,

Str: Enough

Dex: None (Gear doesn't require)

Vit: As much as you can afford

Ene: None

I like Anni+Torches to help me here. If you are pure sp then that is not going to help you.

IV: Merc

Here you have a few options, either Act II with Might/HF aura or Act I cold arrow.

Act I: (best for IAS)

Wep: Faith

Armor: Shaftstop

Helm: Vampgaze

(She doesn't have too much hp, gotta keep her around)



Act II: Might/HF

Wep: Pride/Reaper's (whichever you like most)

Armor: Shaftstop

Helm: Vampgaze

Now I chose Act I for IAS (as stated) But the more damaging way is Act II merc. I find attack speed better than damage with this build.

V: Tactics

I like to keep my maul going no matter the cost. It's more damage, ar, and stun without using Shockwave.

PI's are a PAIN but killable. Just beware with 4 or higher players or /p4 or higher. They can drain you BAD. If you find an unique Gloam pack with mana burn and PI just Save and Exit, there is no point in fighting you WILL die.



VI: Ending

Well, this is it. If you have any suggestions, critisicm, or anything else please post.

I do appreciate you reading/commenting so hopefully this can be an "official" guide.

If I have made anything that you want more elaboration on just say so and I'll help you out.

Note: If I miss anything or disregard your post it's because I'm not on 24/7 and I'm only on for a few mins. Please inform me if I forgot or put something in that is untrue.|||What separates this from the Town Dump Bear?

Also, SW is silly strong so why not use it?|||I agree, PI's are a pain for many a pvm lycan. I also agree there needs to be an updated PvM Werebear Guide for 1.13+



Suggestions:



Tombreaver, Bloodfist, Crafted Blood Belt, Atma's Scarab, Crafted Blood Ring, Fortitude, Guillame's Face. Switch: Call to Arms, Spirit. Stash: Demon Limb. Merc: Act2 Might Aura with Reaper's Toll, Treachery



No +skill GC's, just +damage/+attack rate/+life.



20 in lycanthropy instead of dire wolves since you can resummon your dead grizzly. Finish up with 20 in Heart of Wolverine. Definitely a point in Shockwave, as it's just too good not to have.



You can hit a very fast maul speed breakpoint with tombreaver and the appropriate IAS. It would be good to explain that blocking is not so good for PvM lycans, and instead focus on hit revovery speed. Life Tap not needed with enough leech gear, and it interferes with amplify damage and decrepify. Try this against Uber Mephisto, and you would be suprised at how easy he goes down.



These are only suggestions that you may like to try, based on my own experiences with trial and error with shapeshift druids.



You are on the right track, but to get a guide stickied into the archives you need detailed explanations of everything, poor man's gear alternatives, detailed game mechanics like attack and recovery frames, ect. Links to pictures and videos help too ^^|||I think this is more or less the Towndump werebear for 1.13c which takes the new synergies into account.

Personally I like 4 or 5 part IK. Solves all PI problems.|||1.13 didn't add enough to invalidate the builds that are already there.

Agree that IK set makes PvM silly easy.|||Quote:








1.13 didn't add enough to invalidate the builds that are already there.



Agree that IK set makes PvM silly easy.




Not invalidate, just refresh.



Verashiden, I've always been a big fan of you and Kiba, but I think your efforts here should be to encourage ideas rather than discourage a new guide. Without the new cubs/pups to replenish our numbers, we will be extinct.



The old alpha lycans need to step aside for the young pups and cubs and let them tear up the turf (while we guide them along).



Yes IK is good, especially because it's so darn easy to trade for 4 pieces.



Ahh, what do I know, I'm just an afflicted old wolf-barbarian or bear-necromancer.|||@Verash:SW isn't really THAT helpful for me, I have different tastes keep this in mind (Also I have 20 in lycan, Dire, Grizz, Maul, and I'm working on Werebear atm lv 85 can only do SO much)

@steph:Thanks for the advice, I'll try to add it into account and see what happens, mabye it'll be alot better, mabye worse.

@Dam:I appreciate the advice, I'm working on trying to get my computer to get some vids on my cd's. My comp is a real asshole... >.<|||Quote:








Not invalidate, just refresh.



Verashiden, I've always been a big fan of you and Kiba, but I think your efforts here should be to encourage ideas rather than discourage a new guide. Without the new cubs/pups to replenish our numbers, we will be extinct.



The old alpha lycans need to step aside for the young pups and cubs and let them tear up the turf (while we guide them along).



Yes IK is good, especially because it's so darn easy to trade for 4 pieces.



Ahh, what do I know, I'm just an afflicted old wolf-barbarian or bear-necromancer.




Here's the thing:

Encouraging someone posting a new guide for a build that already has a guide is a sure way of it NOT getting stickied and making their efforts go to waste. Instead, what should be done is the person talks about the VARIANT (which this is) in the topic and potentially gets it added to the main body of the original guide. You don't need a new guide every time a few minor things of a build change, you just need to tweak the old one.

I'm say this to the OP so that they can become aware of what needs to be considered before making a guide from scratch. The exact same question would have been asked before a sticky suggestion went out.|||Quote:








Here's the thing:



Encouraging someone posting a new guide for a build that already has a guide is a sure way of it NOT getting stickied and making their efforts go to waste. Instead, what should be done is the person talks about the VARIANT (which this is) in the topic and potentially gets it added to the main body of the original guide. You don't need a new guide every time a few minor things of a build change, you just need to tweak the old one.



I'm say this to the OP so that they can become aware of what needs to be considered before making a guide from scratch. The exact same question would have been asked before a sticky suggestion went out.




You grumpy old wolf. You need a hug, and maybe your ears scratched and your belly rubbed.|||Haha probably. Just don't want the OP to spend days making a guide simply to get shot down because "There's already a guide for it".

No comments:

Post a Comment