Saturday, April 21, 2012

Wolf-Summon Hybrid?

I didn't see any guides that did what I'm going for, so I'm posting this here basically in hopes that something interesting happens. The premise of the build is that with +skills, the vast majority of Shapeshifting talents can be used as one-point-wonders, and that you can be an almost pure summoner while still being a pretty awesome weredruid.

Important note: Until I get Jalal's Mane (level 42), I'm going to do something else with the build. You can't use Shapeshifting as a one-point-wonder tree without at least +3 shapeshifting, and it seems to me that Jalal's is all you really need in order to make it work. Perfect time to re-spec would be right after NM Den of Evil.

Initial build-

Shapeshifting (24):

1 point Werewolf, Lycanthropy, Feral Rage, Fury

20 Points Rabies

Summoning (26):

1 point Raven, Poison Creeper, Oak Sage, Spirit Wolf, Dire Wolf, Grizzly Bear

20 Points Heart of Wolverine

"Done" at level 46, with no skill quests done after A1 Nightmare. After level 46, improve summons as needed with points in Dire Wolf and Grizzly Bear. When they're doing well, sneak a point into Poison Creeper. You can eventually max all three at level 96.

Eventual gear setup:

Weapon: The biggest, meanest beatstick I can find and use at a given time.

Switch Weapon: CtA

Switch Shield: Spirit

Headgear: Jalal's

Armor: Chains of Honor (Resists) or Arkaine's Valor (Defense)

Belt: TGod's

Gloves: Blood Gloves

Boots: War Traveler

Amulet: Atma's

Rings: Raven Frost and Blood Ring

Hell resists will hopefully be maxed Fire, Lightning, and Poison, with Cold in the mid 20's depending on how the crafted items break down. The ideal weapon (eth Tomb Reaver) would likely max them all regardless. Mercenary will be an A2 Defiance merc, I might be able to get close to 10k defense with his aura which will be more than enough with the merc and bear/wolves screening for me.|||I have made a similar Druid. Mine was a Maul/Summoner. I maxed Maul, Grizzly, HoW, ~10 points in Dire Wolves and Lycanthropy and 1 pt Raven, Vines, Werebear, Shockwave. He was safe and very fun. I used an Oath Feral Axe and solo'd /players 3 Hell fine. Grizzly got up to about 6k damage according to this calc.

No comments:

Post a Comment