Saturday, April 14, 2012

Grizzly bear smite frequency?

[:1]I know that the grizzly bear has a chance to use smite. What I don't know is what that chance is. What are the odds that, on any given attack, the bear will smite instead of just using his normal attack?|||........what?

No really, what?|||Grizzly has 3/13 chance of using its A1 attack and 10/13 chance of using its A2 attack, which is BearSmite: unlike Smite this requires a hit-check and can be blocked, it doesn't stun but does knock back on striking, and +15% Damage is applied in Normal, +60% Damage is applied in Nightmare and +120% Damage is applied in Hell.|||Quote:








Grizzly has 3/13 chance of using its A1 attack and 10/13 chance of using its A2 attack, which is BearSmite: unlike Smite this requires a hit-check and can be blocked, it doesn't stun but does knock back on striking, and +15% Damage is applied in Normal, +60% Damage is applied in Nightmare and +120% Damage is applied in Hell.




While I do believe that it can be blocked, I know for a fact that Bear smite stuns. I've seen the resultant swirlies.|||Grizzly attacks definitely don't give swirlies.. I'll edit in a video in a few minutes.

plop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isp7mZH54rM|||Hm. I guess maybe someone mind blasted the guy I was dueling as my bear hit him. Damn. That would have been awesome.|||onderduiker: Does the extra damage from Smite function as ED (thus purely additive to the Bear's inherent bonus)?|||Yes, BearSmite's +% Damage simply adds to that from all other sources (Summon Grizzly, Heart of Wolverine, Might, Concentration and Fanaticism).|||Grizzly attacks definitely have the capacity to stun, despite what the short youtube video and naysayers are trying to suggest. Unless this was changed in 1.13 or some other patch, which I dont think it was. You can read the older pet threads like this one to see people describing the stun commonly.

It was always a factor when building a Shockwave Bear, because the grizzlys stun would overwrite your shockwave with its shorter duration. I don't know with what percentage it does it, but its definitely there(or at least used to be).|||It's clear that it doesn't stun. All my druids used Grizzly, and can't really remember ever seeing swirlies from them.

I've also seen people discuss 2 frame strafe regularly... oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment