Thursday, April 12, 2012

gear question

[:1]Hey everyone, so essentially I'm new to Diablo 2, I played back when it first came out when I was 12 or so and only ever got to around level 30, never played LOD.

My druid is level 45 and I'm following the town dump build, absolutely loving it.

Currently I have the boneflesh plate mail equipped, I'm starting NM, just killed the countess and figured I would farm some runes off her for a while. I got a 4 socketed superior ancient armour, I was considering putting a ral/tal/ort/thul in it, my resistences in NM are in the low-mid 30s with cold being the highest at 38. Any other combos I should consider or would the boneflesh be the best? I got a Dol and a Io from the countess.

I just upgraded bonesnap and will socket it with a shael rune when the countess drops one for me, or when I have enough Sol's to make one.

I found the Sanders Gloves with the IAS and the boots which I'm using.

The helm is the other piece that I want to upgrade, currently I'm using the undead crown crown, which has nice poison resist and the steal life is nice but what are some other options? What do you guys think of the runeword 2 socket helm?|||nef+lum (smoke) if you can swing it.


Quote:




Smoke

2 Socket Body Armor

Nef + Lum

+75% Enhanced Defense

+280 Defense Vs. Missile

All Resistances +50

20% Faster Hit Recovery

Level 6 Weaken (18 Charges)

+10 To Energy

-1 To Light Radius




edit: i must say that upped bonesnap is a great weapon for a wolf. my first wolf used it very effectively and i was loath to give it up.|||Sixwings, do you play single player or on battlenet?|||Quote:








Sixwings, do you play single player or on battlenet?




battlenet, west|||What armour type should I use to make the smoke runeword? I have the runes. (or CoH when I get a Ber)|||The defense rating won't matter much, and, as I'm sure you've noticed, many armors have very similar/overlapping defense ratings anyway. For the stage of the game you're in, a Mage Plate would probably be optimal, but just use whatever decent 2 socket armor you find, since it's more important to have a high resistance armor now than a higher defense armor later. If you have to, go back to Act 2 Normal and buy a 2os Splint Mail from Fara.

Other good armor options would be Lionheart (Hel+Lum+Fal for 30 resists and big stat bonuses) and Treachery (Shael+Thul+Lem for 60 resists, 15% damage reduction, and ~315 poison damage per attack).

As for your hat, it's a decent placeholder, but you can probably trade for a Jalal's Mane sooner than you think. They're not that rare and there aren't enough Druid players out there to really drive demand, so they go pretty cheap (a small pile of Perfect Gems/Junk Jewels/Low Runes should do it). Guillaume's Face (the Orphan Call hat) would rock pretty hard too should you happen upon one.|||See which one of these is within your budget or trading skills:

Jalals is a big plus to your gear(MVP). Treachery is very good - gotta be ladder to make it.

EDIT: **COH is worth saving the runes for (no shield 2-hander)- Res, skills, 8DR, mmmmm good!**



Duriel's Shell - Cuirass

Defense: (528-650) - (610-732) (varies)(Base Defense: 188-202)

Required Level: 41

Required Strength: 65

Durability: 150

+160-200% Enhanced Defense (varies)

+ (1.25 Per Character Level) 1-123 Defense (Based On Character Level)

+ (1 Per Character Level) 1-99 To Life (Based On Character Level)

Resist Fire +20%

Resist Lightning +20%

Resist Poison +20%

Resist Cold +50%

Cannot Be Frozen

+15 To Strength

(Only Spawns In Patch 1.09 or later)

Goldskin - Full Plate Mail

Defense: 356-405 (varies)(Base Defense: 150-161)

Required Level: 28

Required Strength: 80

Durability: 70

+120-150% Enhanced Defense

+2 To Light Radius

All Resistances +35

Attacker Takes Damage of 10*

100% Extra Gold From Monsters

(Only Spawns In Patch 1.09 or later)



Smoke 2 Socket Body Armor Nef + Lum

+75% Enhanced Defense


+280 Defense Vs. Missile

All Resistances +50

20% Faster Hit Recovery

Level 6 Weaken (18 Charges)

+10 To Energy

-1 To Light Radius



Duress 3 Socket Body Armor Shael + Um + Thul

+40% Faster Hit Recovery

+10-20% Enhanced Damage (varies)

Adds 37-133 Cold Damage 2 sec. Duration (Normal)

15% Chance of Crushing Blow

33% Chance of Open Wounds

+150-200% Enhanced Defense (varies)

-20% Slower Stamina Drain

Cold Resist +45%

Lightning Resist +15%

Fire Resist +15%

Poison Resist +15%|||I ended up getting Jalal's mane for a few pgems so that was good, I'm just working on finishing NM now and except for Jalal's the gear is all the same (I socketed the armour with ral, tal, ort, thul for +30 resists.

Thanks for the help guys! I'm really enjoying the druid build. I'm undecided now if I want to make smoke or something else to hold me over until I have all the runs for CoH.|||Quote:










Other good armor options would be Lionheart (Hel+Lum+Fal for 30 resists and big stat bonuses) and Treachery (Shael+Thul+Lem for 60 resists, 15% damage reduction, and ~315 poison damage per attack).




What treachery is this? I'm looking at the runewords right now and do you mean the assassin one?

5% Chance To Cast Level 15 Fade When Struck

25% Chance To Cast level 15 Venom On Striking

+2 To Assassin Skills

+45% Increased Attack Speed

+20% Faster Hit Recovery

Cold Resist +30%

50% Extra Gold From Monsters

Is this the one you mean?|||Yer fade gives you res and dr and venom gives the poison dam if they proc

No comments:

Post a Comment