Saturday, April 14, 2012

PvM Fury druid help

[:1]I'm thinking of creating a low-profile melee build to offset the monotony of my meteorb, and fury druid seems fun. The trouble is, I can't find a guide that describes a general, flexible fury druid build. One of the guides in the sticky for PvM fury druid is for on wielding a Buriza, which I don't have, and don't want to go through the trouble of trading for one. The other guide lists Grief PB as the only weapon option, and mostly lists elite gear. This is going to be a low-commitment only semi-twinked build. I remember there used to be a quite extensive thread (or was it inside a guide?) discussing some notable weapons for a fury druid, ranging from godly runewords to overlooked uniques. I wonder if that one's still around because that's one of the things about the fury druid that intrigues me, that it does fine with two-handed weapons that have amazing mods, but are ignore because they're two handed, like the Ribcracker. Can anyone locate that thread/guide for me and/or suggest me some interesting gear and tricks?|||If I'd make a budget Fury Druid it would probably be:

4 Part IK (Weapon (1x Shael + whatever), Gloves, Belt, Boots)

Jalal's Mane

Smoke Armor

1x Ravenfrost

the other ring and amulet + charms I would use to fill with whatever I can get and need in leech, resistance and AR.|||The buriza guide looks like it could help, if you disregard the part about dumping points in dex ofc...

If you can trade for a Ribcracker (Upped with a Shael) then you're pretty much set. Other than that, get your res maxed and try to get some DR and +stat stuff. +skills are nice as well since every point gets you some AR, ED, life and more tanky summons. You can keep a Spirit/Fleshrender and Spirit switch for this purpose.

Helm: Jalal's, barring that anything with res/stats/+skills/whatever.

Amu: Highlord's, +3 SS, +2 druid with res/stat/etc or any of the decent uniques.

Armour: Treachery, Smoke, Lionheart, Gloom. Depending on your other equipment you might struggle getting you res maxed, so the 60 from Treachery's Fade is great (eth wolves also look awesome)

Rings: Raven and something with mana leech/AR/res/stat

Gloves: Dracs, else Laying of Hands

Belt: String of Ears

Boots: Gores, else Aldurs or something similar

Also, I can vouch for the 3 or 4-piece IK.

Max Werewolf, Lycanthropy and Fury. Which spirit? The AR and ED from HoW is pitiful, Oak Sage is better but usually dies in the situations where you need it the most. You can also get a very tank Grizzly by maxing dire wolves, and I think the consensus is that this is much more useful.|||Thanks for the sage advice. By now I'm assuming that Jalals is pretty much a must, so I will trade for one. I'll trade for an upped Ribby as the main, but I'd greatly appreciate suggestions on some fun, unexpected weapon alternatives (like the IK maul).

This is the equipment I've planned with the items I already own, plus Jalals and Ribby that I'll trade for:

Weapon: upped Ribcracker (again, any fun alternatives?)

Armor: Leviathan or IK armor (though, you guys listed some great ideas like Smoke and Lionheart, I thought I might as well used something I already have).

Gloves: IK gloves, though I'm willing to trade for Dracs because they're useful for any melee build. Is it good enough to be worth the trade in comparison to just using an IK I already have?

Belt: IK? Tgods? String of Ears?

Boots: How's the progression from Tearhaunch-IK boots-Treks, as I level up? Or just better keep the IK?

Ammy: I have a Saracens, which I'm hoping is good enough.

Rings: Ravenfrost and I'll find some magic/rare that's useful.

Charms: Does this build require extensive charm setup in order to be effective? I have a Shape Shift GC and some charms with life/resist/mana/etc. Also, if I like this build enough, I'll snab a DTorch for him.

Ya think that'd be good enough to ensure a fun patriarch run?|||I would only use the IK stuff in combination with each other. The cool thing about this is that for every extra IK part you get an extra type of elemental damage on the maul, and with 3 extra parts you reach a point where physical immunes (which is the big weakness for non-FC wereforms) or even physical + 1 element immunes are not much of a problem anymore. Every extra part also gives extra flat AR (4 parts is a total of +250 AR) , which is never a bad thing.

If you have max fire/light res (there rest just positive) and one of the weapons mentioned in this thread you'll always do fine. Fury wolves are not that difficult, especially since IM is gone.

Perhaps one thing that isn't mentioned yet, is Feral Rage. The base build has a low skill-point investment, so you have enough points to get Feral Rage up to a reasonable level. Charge it up and make use if the gigantic leech bonus (level 10 already has a max of 48% life leech) it gives to Fury. Of course if you choose to go Ribcracker/Dracs route it is less useful.|||Ribby is the fun alternative

I use the IK gloves/belt/boots on just about every melee char I twink, and they're definitely end-game material. Just note that to get 40 light res from the armour you'll also have to equip the maul.

No comments:

Post a Comment