Saturday, April 14, 2012

Question about Fire Druids and Rainbow Facet Jewels

[:1]Hello All,

Just a quick question. Does anyone know if 'switching' works with fire druids. I played a rabies druid before and I know that it is helpful to have a switch that gives you +poison damage/ - poison resists. Is this the same for fire druids? If I cast fissure, or whatever, and then switch to a set up with +damage/-resists would it have the same effect as the rabies switch?

Thanks.|||I wish it did. But rabies is unique with that characteristic.|||Oh, that sucks! Thanks for the quick response Orion.

So, do fire druids use rainbow facets at all?|||For a pure fire druid use a 5 frame per second or 4 frame per second beatstick.

Put Infinity on Merc for -85% to monster resist.

Most folks use a 6 socket phase blade with 5 shael and one 15ias/15resist ect setup. Some use Griz Caucadeus( 4 socket) with 3 shael and one 40/15.

I made one and I used a BOTD Phase Blade for 5 frame attack with 15 oias. Kind of a different solution but I liked the mods on Botd and it used less dex(-20 req), 30 to all attributes, and life leech. I made that one some time ago. Liked it.

Putting a 5/5 fire facet or 2 helps in Jalal/ Shield. But it's better to use infinity for a fire only druid. Making sure you have some CB- crushing blow if fireclaw only.

There is a good build example in the stickies. I mostly went by that. Take a look. Superjayson's example is good - see if you have any of the same equipment you can use. Read it and give it a shot. The HC Fire druid example is good too. Try to come close.|||Quote:








For a pure fire druid use a 5 frame per second or 4 frame per second beatstick.




He isn't talking about Fire Claws.


Quote:




If I cast fissure, or whatever, and then switch to a set up with +damage/-resists would it have the same effect as the rabies switch?




The -resist would work yes.|||As I understand - Only rabies does that enduring effect. I don't think that it works with the elemental damage.

Fury/Rabies druid is the only char I ever used the -resist Wep/Shield switch with. But let me know if it works with others.|||It doesn't. Rabies is the exception due to how it calculates it's damage.|||Quote:








It doesn't. Rabies is the exception due to how it calculates it's damage.




?

Switching to -res gear works with any spell that doesn't apply its damage instantly at the moment of casting.|||Really? I know switch trick doesn't work for the likes of Poison Jav unless you switch before the javelin hits. Which spells can you pull a switch trick with?|||Quote:








Really? I know switch trick doesn't work for the likes of Poison Jav unless you switch before the javelin hits.




Yea sure you have to switch before damage is applied.


Quote:




Which spells can you pull a switch trick with?




Anything that gives you enough time between casting and damage application. Of course it's not very practical for non-timered spells. For something like a Fire Druid though it could help some what.

No comments:

Post a Comment