Saturday, April 14, 2012

Fire Claws vs Rabies? (with only 1 synergy)

[:1]All,

I've never played a Werewolf or Werebear before and so I was thinking of making one that was 20 in Lycanthropy, 20 in Fury, and 40 points in a synergized Fire Claws or Rabies. However, I'm poor and will be playing pretty-much untwinked.

So I'm wondering which is better? Fire Claws or Rabies, with only 1 synergy maxed, and with no more than about 2 or 3 to +skills max?

Also, which between Fire Claws and Rabies do you find more fun (with 1 synergy)?

I've read several of the relevant guides / patriarch builds, but I didnt see a discussion of a comparison of the skills compared when untwinked.

Thanks!|||Try fireclawer with 6shael PB.

Also, why NOT have all the Fire Claw synergies?|||First, I currently have no Shaels on any of my rune mules. I'm super poor, and I tend to use those.

Second, the reason I dont want all the fire claw synergies is just that I intend to max Lycanthropy and Fury. Since I rarely play past level 80 (single player only) I will only really have about 40 more points for my build. So its either 20 in Rabies and 20 in Poison Creeper for the synergy, or else its 20 in Fire Claws and 20 in one of its synergies.

So if 20 Rabies and 20 Poison Creeper is better than 20 Fire Claw and 20 of Firestorm, then that's the route I'll go.

Thanks!|||Fire Claws will probably be a more reliable back up. Rabies is fun, but unless you get a lot of +skills, it doesn't kill very well in PvM. Here's a skill calc you can use to check the numbers.|||Thanks. I guess I'll go for Fire Claws.|||So, I had an old level 70 druid hanging about who had just got his hell respec. This is in single player, so I can delete, copy, respec etc all I want, just to get a feel.

I have to say, I don't like the Werewolf. I dont like how it moves, fights, walks, etc. I also found I hate Fury. So ... meh. I did like Fire Claws though. So, I tried a Werebear. I like the way it looks, I liked the Shockwave a lot. So I'm gonna go peruse some Werebear guides.

But I'm wondering ... what is the main werebear physical attack? Maul? It seemed ... mediocre. But then again I was using whatever equipment I could gamble up in terms of weapons (since it was a caster druid I was respeccing).

Anyway, I'll go look at some Fire Claws werebears and see what builds I find. Thanks!|||Quote:








I have to say, I don't like the Werewolf. I dont like how it moves, fights, walks, etc. I also found I hate Fury.




blasphemy on druid forum...................



i guess you didnt played well geared wolf...|||Yeah, that's probably it, but looking at the guides, I'll never play a well-geared one. I have zero shaels, I have a Fal or two, that's about as rich as I am. I have a lot of stuff that Hell Meph can drop. I'm single player non-ladder. So I will always be doomed to be not much better than slightly above twinked.

That's probably why I prefer casters, they seem to survive better on no/little gear.

Anyway, I have a lot to mull over. Thanks. |||go hit some countess runs for runes. with little luck you can get runes for duress. btw did you updated to 1.13? its major thing in runes drop percentage. you can make stuff like durres, lionheart...

also there are some items like ik maul that often drop and are good for fury druid. dont make rabies in single cause you will have low dmg. go for pure fury. if you get lucky you can find ribcracker or stormlash, best pvm weapons.

also know that you can also use missile weapons (bows, crosbows) while shifted

you ca reset maps to mephisto/countes changing difficulties to get fastest map|||However, rabies gives PMH and it will spread to to other mobs...so while it does about 400 per second that is spread out over every mob in the area...as apposed to 1400 per hit... with no +skills...and if he is using another attack as his primary its easy to drop a rabies and go back to his primary until the poison drops off...or until it looks like it will, then refresh rabies. Not to mention there isn't too many poison immunes in the game, most of them fury will tear through in no time, and not often are they physical immune while there seem to be more fire and physical immune... So no really worries. But if you ask me while it may not be a real killer skill it will deal good dmg to alot of mobs and provides a easy way to keep up PMH...

No comments:

Post a Comment